A SUPER MINI WEEKEND GETAWAY

Happy Sunday All!

I just want to share this little story on a nice way to relax and spend a beautiful early afternoon weekend with your family or a loved one/s, and of course it would not cost much! 

My husband and were thinking of where to go or how to spend a nice (just a tad bit chilly) Saturday morning...of course one of the choices is to head to the mall and walk around, but, not really.

Then I remembered my co-worker telling me about how her and her mom found a small area with local coffee shops and bakeries. So I texted her and we were on our way.

We went to Montclair NJ, went to a few Farmer's Market , which I LOVE going and getting a few locally grown fruits and veggies or usually raw honey and pickles! We also went and had a few pastries at Montclair Bread Co., the donuts are freshly made and oh-so-delish, then had coffee (in son's case - Hot Chocolate) sat in this really relaxing coffee shop - Crazy Mocha (which is about 2 mins away from the bakery by car) enjoying our drinks as our son tells jokes and sharing stories and laughs. (way better than walking aimlessly in the mall, for sure!)

So, there you have it, a nice Saturday early afternoon very well spent!

(please see link at the bottom for the mentioned stores)






Popular Posts