Coffee Table DIY

Happy Saturday! 

So, I'm back with another DIY blog! Actually, this idea was my hubby's (kudos to you!!) 
We moved to a new apartment a few months ago - and of course, knowing myself I LOVE the farmhouse style. I've started checking Home Goods, Kirklands, Marshalls, even Amazon for a new-but-rustic decors. (a little irony in there...)

I've been searching for farmhouse style coffee tables, dining tables, chairs and other furnitures, but MOST of them are just way too expensive!

So, I just got a simple white Ikea Lack mini coffee table (for $7) and just placed a few of my little decors, then the hubby went to the basement storage and saw our old Ikea coffee table (we paid $25 for that, i think - we had for YEARS!) - almost double the size of that we are using, but its badly beaten up, chipped paint, stains, the works. It was actually a few days away from taking it out for town debris pick up.

So, as my (home decoration)-knight-in-shining-armor showed me an easy DIY for our old coffee table, the smile in my face was just too bright to describe!

Shout out to my handyMAN!

How HE did it?
• Measured the length and width of the table
• Made a quick Home Depot or Lowes run
• pick and choose wooden planks, pick the one that is already sanded and ready to use
• Home Depot and Lowes even carry the white-washed wooden plank (a little more pricey)
• They can also cut the wooden planks for free based on your measurements!
• You can either use a wooden glue or in our case hubby drilled the planks
• Do final sanding (just get a cheap sand paper)
• clean
and
VOILA!
(and it only cost us $14)


(ps: we did this DIY on a nice Sunday afternoon, about 2 months ago)
(original Ikea table photo - not mine. i forgot to take a picture of the BEFORE. oops!)


Popular Posts