DIY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS (if you are on a tight budget!)




 its the 2nd weekend of December and obviously, I have procrastinated (again...) with most of my Holiday chores. (my Christmas list is not even half way checked!) 

anyway...of course I also procrastinated on posting on my blog. (what's new?) so here you go - 

PINTEREST! that one site that I am sure was most visited on (aside from Amazon) to check on Christmas decoration inspirations and ideas. I probably saved about 20 Christmas tree ideas, none of them obviously I can afford just yet. Those ornaments are NOT cheap! and obviously you have to smother your whole tree with those... from shiny tinsels and tassels, to sentimental ornaments. 

still I cannot decide on what themed ornaments to go with that will FIT MY BUDGET...until, I saw the burlap Christmas tree on (where else...) Pinterest! it was an O-M-G moment!

Guess where I ran to? the dollar store of course! bought about 6 rolls of 4-inch burlap, some of them even have designs printed on them, and of course they have a bag of pine cones, for a dollar with 15 cones in a bag! got 2 bags - what a steal! bought some more other fun stuff and went home with still enough money to treat myself with a nice hot cup of Starbucks Macchiato. (wink!) 

there was a lot of burlap designs and prints, some have gold stars, plaid prints and silver and gold trimmings, but I opted for a plain burlap ribbon and a simple snow flake prints and just scatter (in a n orderly fashion) my favorite, pine cones - simple and classic.

our Christmas tree, filled with ornaments for less than $10!!

have a Merry Christmas!








Popular Posts