fun weekend dates with our little fella


"Mommy, can we have a McDonald's date?" 

One of the special things I look forward to during the weekend is when our son never fails to ask us for a family date, either (and usually) at McDonalds, a pizza date or an ice cream date. And yes, he pays for it. (gives me a dollar or two from his "keeper" aka, piggy bank and its assumed that I pay for the rest)

Going out for dates with my son is one of the enormous events in my life that I will always cherish and treasure. We have our fun talks, we talk about his new friends, best friends or even what they did in class, Josh loves to tell made-up jokes too and trivia games while I sip my dollar McDonalds coffee (which by the way is my favorite coffee run since he bought it for me!) that he paid for using his own money earned doing house chores or from the tooth fairy -- yes, sometimes he buys his dad a dollar burger too! (insert super happy face here) and we always make sure those dates happen every single weekend on a regular basis if weather permits, but that won't stop my little fam - we then rearrange the living room for our made-up movie theater, turn the surround sound on and voila! instant movie date with popcorn, some chips and desserts!

This definitely is the best way to celebrate the weekend!



Popular Posts