just a little somthing to share


so, long story short...

my amazing landlord contacted us one weekend (about a month ago) offering a bigger apartment just a floor down our old one, complete with a deck. obviously we said YES! 

but...that means we HAVE to pack and unpack again, packing - I absolutely despise. (lol) unpacking...I LOVE!! and I think by now, you know why...

yup, I love to decorate...I love to see everything coming along...oh, and love seeing our home clean and organized. 

and, NO - I don't spend much on decorations. RULE OF THUMB: I do not spend more than $10. if it is, it HAS to be something we can use and not just a décor. Or if I want something, but it's over my decoration budget - then it's a DIY day for me!

DIY is never hard to do and you do not have to be artistic or a handyman, just follow the instructions and most importantly, have fun doing it. it always is a delight seeing your creations brighten up your place, and be proud that YOU made those.

another tip: never be scared of the dollar store quality: stop by a local dollar store and look at some of the stuff they have there, a treasure chest for all you DIY-ers out there!

few days ago - went to the dollar store to get some Thanksgiving paper plates, cups and utensils (those does NOT have to be of brand - since guests will just grab and throw anyway!) and something folded and wrapped fell off by the plates, and guess what...it's an adorable DESK CHRISTMAS TREE. (you'll see it on the upper left side of the photo), I have an extra $2.49 LED lights - clearance at Marshalls and I have an adorable desk tree that got a lot of notice and compliments.
(and yes, all for $3.49!)

• decorations •
desk Christmas tree - $1 (dollar store)
LED lights - $2.49 (Marshalls - clearance aisle)
white brush tree - $1 each from (Target - Dollar Spot)
desk mirror - $9.99 (? or $9.49) ( Home Goods)
trinket tray - 2 for $3 - (Target Dollar Spot)
2018 planner - $7 (Home Goods)
Rae Dunn mug - a gift! ♥
white furry rug - $10 (Home Goods)
black Pompom slides - $6 (Old Navy)
white cube table - ikea
(which to be honest I cannot remember how much. but definitely only around $20)

Popular Posts