acne on my 30's

i have been battling with acne problems ever since i was on my early 20's, yep! about 10 years now. when i was younger i panicked at the sight of a huge zit either on my forehead, cheeks and yes...right smack the tip of my nose. 

I break out every change of season, every "team no sleep" moments or even when my hair is always down - apparently its one of the main reasons too, and especially when I don't clean my face well...

i tried everything possible, every drug store acne cream, facial wash, toners, pore strips, heck! i even used toothpaste (yes, toothpaste - as they say it can dry a fresh pimple overnight - well, it did but left my skin discolored and very very dry). every new commecial about acne, i have to get my hands on and try it, with my fingers crossed.

from salicylic acid, to chemical peeling, to everyday scrubbing - i was so harsh to my skin.

until, one day I was cleaning the bathroom and saw ALL the creams, acne medications, cleansers, chemical peels, I couldn't even read what it was for...I was so naïve that I believed in all those chemicals, I mean what was I thinking?!

Until finally I found multiple Pinterest posts and blogs on acne home remedies. I mean, what harm can natural ingredients do to my face now? after all those chemicals I used, what's there to lose?

I started with the basics - a REALLY clean face. I made sure that before I went to bed, my face is has no make up residue, and a daily use of a mild moisturizer. Then once or twice a week I exfoliate. I made it into a routine so much so that even If I have to crawl to the bathroom from being so sleepy - just to do my facial cleansing routine I will. 

DOUBLE CLEANSING - (what is that, you ask??) it is exactly what it sounds like. You simply wash your face twice. HOWEVER - If you do have sensitive skin, do only double cleansing every other day - or on days that you feel the need of a little extra facial cleaning, maybe if you wore a full on coverage make up....after party or just when you had a long day. BUT you should not feel your skin tighten or sore - meaning you have to MOISTURIZE.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! also, right after you thoroughly cleanse your skin - MOISTURIZE! extremely important! the best explanation I've read so far is from burkewilliamsspa.com - "Moisturizing reduces the chance of skin problems, can reduce the appearance of other blemishes, helps your skin stay young and it fights wrinkles!" (visit their website for more deets!) also, there is a feature in goodhousekeeping.com talking about 7 bad things that happen with you don't moisturize your face. (read `em!)

I do my own facial care at home - and yes once in a blue moon, I go for facials but always pick the natural way, absolutely no harsh chemicals anymore!

I try to find products that have way less ingredients and chemicals, less of those words I can barely pronounce. the lesser, the better. 

I made sure I get enough sleep, hard as it is, I try my very best. I stopped over fatiguing myself and not stressing out so much on little things - come to think of it, it doesn't only help my skin but also my whole well being!

I stopped eating greasy, unhealthy foods, and focus more on foods that helps your skin - fruits and veggies. I mean, I am nowhere near a perfect diet as I too have my cheat days. (LOL)

so, after all that ordeal with my acne and uncontrollable break outs - I finally found a way to take real good care of my skin. 

here are the top products I use almost everyday: check their website (www.cocokind.com) - the most natural product I have ever used. no perfume, no added extra chemicals, what's written is what's in it. you can actually smell the rawness of the ingredients. I absolutely love these products. - follow them on Instagram - Priscilla Tsai (Founder) talks about her products a lot on her IG stories and how to use them. She also answers questions you might have. I LOVE IT!! 

MY MATCHA: the one moisturizing stick I carry everywhere - specially in this cold weather - if I feel a little tightness around my lips, or under my eyes, I just apply it, even over my make up, and voila! 


(disclaimer: this blog entry are my own suggestions, as these info and product worked for MY skin.)





Popular Posts