flawed skin is OK

(as a continuation of my previous blog about skin care and still dealing with acne on my 30's - i finally (after all this years) started to realize that it is OK to have a flawed skin. I am sure that there are a lot of people out there that have a perfect skin (blessed!) and there is also a lot of us that don't and IT IS OK.

hey, even celebrities, that have absolute access to facials probably 24-7 still deals with acne and flawed skin, may it be wrinkles, blemishes or acne scars and that because it's normal to have FLAWED SKIN! 

I have to admit, it took me a LONG time to be comfortable with my facial skin, due to acne. I try most everything to hide it - when in reality there is just NO way to hide it (without further harming your skin)

When you have acne, the (well second thing that i do - after throughly wash and medicate my face) is apply make up - specifically concealers and heavy foundation. I do that simply because I want to hide the imperfections of my skin, hide my enlarged pores, my bright red pimples, acne scars and blemishes. if i still see them, i apply more. More foundation on top of a primer then powder to lessen the shine, blush to make my skin look natural (when it's so not the case) and a setting spray to keep all those make up layers intact. And i used to do this in a daily basis...DAILY!! (what was i thinking?!)

total mistake - no wonder my skin is no where near perfect.

my skin to begin with is both oily and dry (don't ask me how that's possible, i have no answer.) so what i've been doing to my skin is very unhealthy, putting layers and layers...and layers of oily make up will really clog your pores, i mean think about it. all that layers of make up, eventually will seep through, clogging your pores.

so after finally deciding to clean my vanity of all the make ups i should NOT be using on a daily basis - i decided to go for a semi-natural look. a light concealer that i promise to use only on those sleepless nights, a light powder foundation, as for blush and lippy- i just use Cocokind's Macabeets for both my cheeks and lips, NYX's brow filler and a simple mascara and im done. it made it way faster and easier to get ready for work. YAY! (oh and for bonus, my hubby complemented my skin - said i look....fresh! lol!)

without even telling the hubby that i am not wearing the same amount of make up i used to wear, he told me i looked fresh because i am NOT wearing any make up. he told me that it actually looks nice. (score!!)

i asked for the hubby's honest opinion about my make up, and he told me that wtih all honesty, I look more tired and "heavy" when i apply all that coverage. now, i look lighter and brighter. and most importantly, my acne is finally healing! my skin can breathe!!

to sum it all up, be comfortable and confident with your skin and be nice to it too! (wink!) NO MORE HIDING!



Popular Posts